Friday, July 15, 2011

Watercolor Wash Illustrations

Here we have three illustrations that I did this week using the watercolor wash technique. There's an amazing resource called the ASIFA - Hollywood Animation Archive that has a post dealing with the Famous Artists School from the mid 20th century. Tons of really great stuff.

There are things I like about the these illustrations and things I don't. Some of it works and some of it does not. Its a learning process and I think I'm getting better... at least I hope. That's the whole reason I'm posting these now, so down the road I can look back and hopefully see some improvement.

As always I welcome comments. Let me know what you think, and if you've tried a hand at watercolor and you have some tips I'd love to hear what you have to say so drop me a line.

thanks for taking a look.

Ink - Watercolor - Gouache on 120lb cold press watercolor paper 6x9 inches


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...another OLDIE!
Gotta be about DARLENE ARDEN!
She the OLDEST THING " HAPPENING"IN the RINGS!
And she be working with GUY HURE?
And JO BIDEN?
And all them " FUCKING PHYSICIANS"?
And she be with DI YOUNG!
And DI be with that NATALIE?
Oh yeah...have another PEZ?
Or RITE AID.
But did ya know RISA be in the SEC?
And she be tyin' GED?
And GED be tyin' EDWARD MEESE and that boy SHAND?
ALL to the FUCKIN' AEGEAN!!!!
With " KNEECOCKS"!