Thursday, April 15, 2010

coloring comics

So, there is a completely good reason why I haven't posted in a long time and that's because I finally got a regular freelance job. About 5 weeks ago I started working for Virtis Communications, which is a company out of my home town Buffalo, NY. Virtis is contracted by United Feature Syndicate, Inc. to color and distribute their comics. My job is to color those comics all day and I love every minute of it :) Right now I have six features that I am coloring, which amounts to 36 strips a week. All of them are different as far as the style and color. It's really keeping me on my toes bouncing from the different comics. Below I've posted "The Buckets" created by Greg Cravens. Its a funny comic and I really enjoy coloring it. When I started five weeks ago I was given a color guide which plots out all of the regular colors like the characters hair and shirts. Those colors stay the same through out, but the fun part for me is coloring all the stuff that isn't set in stone like the background panels and the one-off characters. It's not the most creative job, seeing how most of the colors are already established but I enjoy it. Basically I have to make sure that I color the Dailies while keeping with the general look and palette of the Sundays.

The publishing dates of the comics below are March 29th through April 15th.

The Buckets
by Greg Cravens
colored by me:)
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets
The Buckets

No comments: